Pregnancy should be a stress-free time for the mother. However, it's not always the easiest to be pregnant since it comes with a long list of side effects. West Loop Spine & Stability offers prenatal chiropractic care to residents of the West Loop, Fulton Market, River West, River North, West Town, Ukrainian Village, Wicker Park, Bucktown, River North, South Loop, Streeterville, Gold Coast, and the Greater Chicagoland area. We are here to help you understand the benefits of prenatal chiropractic care.
What Is Prenatal Chiropractic Care?
The human body is resilient and goes through many changes during pregnancy. The lumbar vertebrae shift creating increased lumbar lordosis, the pelvis moves out of alignment, and organs move around to make room for the baby. On top of it all, the body goes through intense levels of hormone shifts. These hormones can lead to chronic stress, irritability, weight gain, discomfort, and other unfortunate side effects.
Prenatal care aims to subdue some of these adverse side effects and support the mother's well-being. The practice is entirely safe, and our chiropractors are trained in treating pregnant women. They even provide a specialized table to offer comfort to the mother. Here is how it works:
- Pelvic Balance – Since the body goes through outrageous amounts of change during the pregnancy, chiropractic solutions aim to make the mother more comfortable. A chiropractor may realign the spine, which helps with pelvic balance. This reduces pains associated with the back or hips.
- More Room for the Baby – It's a shock knowing that a baby takes up so much space within the body! It deserves room without any discomfort toward the mom. A baby's position must be just right before delivery. Chiropractors can ensure the correct position to place the baby to be ready for delivery.
- Reduced Stress – A trip to the chiropractor will help mom feel better physically and mentally. This holistic approach depends on the body's natural endorphins to ease the body from stress. This much-needed process allows the mother to be stress-free while carrying a child.
The Webster Technique
The Webster Technique is a gentle chiropractic adjustment that aligns the pelvis. The Webster Technique is often used to optimize the normal physiological functions of expecting mothers. Our team at West Loop Spine & Stability is Webster Certified. We use this technique to provide a more comfortable and safer birth.
The Benefits of Receiving Prenatal Chiropractic Care in Chicago
Visiting a chiropractor while pregnant and obtaining these services offer many benefits such as:
- Reduces nausea
- Reduces pain associated with pregnancy
- Lowers stress and levels hormone levels
Prenatal Chiropractic Care in Chicago IL
West Loop Spine & Stability offers prenatal care in the West Loop, Fulton Market, River West, West Town, Ukrainian Village, Wicker Park, Bucktown, River North, South Loop, Streeterville, Gold Coast, and the Greater Chicagoland area. Call us today at (312) 928-9292 for more information or to schedule an appointment.