Sports Injury Treatment
If you are suffering from a sports injury, you know it can be frustrating and debilitating. At West Loop Spine & Stability, serving River North and West Loop in Chicago, IL, our chiropractor provides all-natural treatment methods for sports injuries and other ailments. Our team of chiropractors, physical therapists, massage therapists, and acupuncturists will work together to help you return to a healthy, pain-free life.
Common Sports Injuries
A sports injury can occur during virtually any activity, including basketball, running, wrestling, soccer, golf, hiking, swimming, and cycling. This is because common sports injury risk factors, like overtraining, playing surface, technique, nutrition, sleep quality, and repetitive movements, can impact athletes of all abilities and types.
Here are some of the most common types of sports injury we diagnose and treat at our clinic:
- Muscle strains
- Ligament sprains
- Tendonitis or tendon ruptures
- Golfer's elbow and tennis elbow
- Runner's knee
- Shin splints
- Plantar fasciitis
- Shoulder impingement syndrome
- Lower back pain due to sciatica, spondylolisthesis, and herniated or bulging discs
Whether you're a novice or a seasoned competitor, a sports injury can completely knock you off your feet and stop you from participating in your favorite activity. Additionally, untreated sports injuries may lead to scar tissue, chronic pain, inefficient movement patterns, and other complications that can disrupt your athletic future. If you have pain and other symptoms that aren't getting better within one to two weeks, seek treatment as soon as possible.
What to Expect in Treatment
At our clinic, we use non-invasive services to reduce pain and inflammation, promote tissue healing, and restore the strength, mobility, motor coordination, and stamina that every athlete needs to feel and perform their best. Some of the treatments we might use include:
- Chiropractic care: Spinal and joint adjustments restore alignment and optimize the nervous system for full-body healing.
- Physical therapy: We will provide therapeutic exercises designed with your body in mind for tissue healing and an increased range of motion.
- Massage therapy: Massages maximize lymphatic drainage, blood circulation, and tissue tension relief.
- Acupuncture: This technique triggers natural pain relief and reduces inflammation to help your body heal.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor in Chicago, IL for Sports Injury Treatment
If you have a sports injury, you don’t have to continue suffering. At West Loop Spine & Stability, our team will diagnose your condition and create a personalized treatment plan for you. The methods we use are safe, natural, and effective. Serving River North and West Loop in Chicago, IL, we will alleviate your pain and help you return to your favorite sport. We are happy to answer any questions you have. Call us today to schedule an appointment or to learn more.